Chinese man jailed for eight years for airport blast | Reuters

SHANGHAI A court in Shanghai jailed a man for eight years on Friday after he set off an explosive device last year at the city’s Pudong International Airport, injuring at least three travelers and delaying flights.

In a brief statement, the court said that Zhou Xingbo set off the device because his “life was not smooth” and so he took extreme measures to “vent his spleen”, injuring three people. It did not give details. The government initially said five people were injured, including the person who set off the device.

Zhou Xingbo took a beer bottle containing self-made explosive materials out of his backpack and threw it at ticketing counter. After the bottle exploded, he then took out a knife and slashed his own neck, the government said.

Business hub Shanghai is mainland China’s most cosmopolitan city, with a large foreign population, but is generally very safe with major crime…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *